I’ve tried making gluten free/grain free pizza in a variety of ways using: almond flour, gluten free pizza crust mixes, combining almond flour & coconut flour etc…but this recipe takes the cake! It’s now our favorite. I used another cauliflower pizza crust recipe from Pinterest, but it was not as good (the crust was a bit soggy). This recipe is THE BEST. Tried and true. It’s from one of my favorite blogs, The Detoxinista. I added a few of my favorite spices to the recipe I made below and put my pictures into a grid so I can go back and reference it. I also made my own tomato sauce. I’ll post that recipe later in the week. Yummmm. Next time I’m getting some good ham + pineapple + onions and making Hawaiian Pizza! Here’s the recipe:
4 cups of cauliflower “rice” (2 medium heads)
1 Tb. oregano
1 tsp. fennel seeds
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c soft mozzarella goat cheese (I’m sure regular mozzarella would work!)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Total Prep Time: 25minutes
Total Cook Time: crust 30minutes, pizza 10 minutes
1. Cut up your cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until it has the shape of rice. I did mine in 3 batches so I didn’t overfill my food processor.
>>Next, you’ll need to fill a pot with 1-2in water and bring it to a boil. Add your cauliflower rice and cook it for 3-5minutes.
2. Strain the cauliflower rice and rinse it with cold water. Then dump it into a dish cloth or cheese cloth if you have it (that’s what I used) and SQUEEEEEEEZE, SQUEEZE, SQUEEZE!! As you can tell those are man hands in that picture. Grant squeezed out the water multiple times. This is a crucial step to ensure your crust is not soggy.
3. In a bowl mix together your spices, egg and grated mozzarella goat cheese. Add your dried cauliflower rice to the bowl and mix well. I used my hands!
4. Roll your crust into a ball and then flatten out on parchment paper. I would strongly recommend using parchment paper. Grant went out and bought it while I was preparing the recipe because we were out. I used aluminum foil last time I made it, I even sprayed it, but it did not work–the bottom of the crust stuck! Bake your crust for at least 30 minutes. You want it to be CRISPY and BROWN on the edges.
5. When crust is golden brown and crispy remove from oven, add your sauce and all your toppings then put it back in the oven for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
6. Let your pizza cool a bit then slice, serve & EAT IT UP! yummm.
UPDATE : I unfroze 2 of the individual pizza crusts (from above picture) for a quick Saturday Pizza night and baked them at 400 degrees for about 30minutes. Delicious! They were perfectly crispy. Picture below: